Make sure that the battery of your phone is fully charged. Updating a firmware needs a lot of battery power and if your phone turns off which the update process is going on, you will end up bricking your device. So keep it fully charged.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5363 with Official Value Pack XXLL1 Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware
- Navigate to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable the option of USB debugging.
- Download XXLL1 Gingerbread value pack firmware update package and Odin to your computer. Now, extract both the files and open Odin in your computer.
- Connect the device to your computer using the original data cable.
- Turn off your device and make in boot in download mode. This can be done by pressing Volume Down , Menu and Power button altogether when the device is turned off. In case you fail to do that and your device boots in the normal mode, turn it off again and try the same procedure till you get to booth the device in download mode.
- Now, in Odin, click on PDA to select “S5363XXLL1_S5363NEELL1_S5363XXLL1_HOME.tar.md5″ from the folder where you just extracted the firmware update package.
- Once it is done, click on Start to start the procedure of updating your device with official value pack Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware.
- As soon as the device is update, your device will reboot and you will see the welcome screen which will ask you to enter your basic details and select the timezone.
- Once you see the main welcome screen, disconnect your device and go to Settings >> About phone to check the version of your Android OS.
If you get any problem in middle of the procedure of installing this firmware, disconnect the device from your computer, turn it off, remove the battery and then reboot it again. Once your phone boots in the normal mode with the previous OS, you will need to follow all the steps again.
Let me know if you face any problem in installation. I will try my level best to solve them for you.